Healthier and cleaner eating has become increasingly important over the last several years as people are much more conscious about the food they eat and put in their bodies. With this, many cooking appliances have increased in popularity, including best bread machines. These wonderful units allow people to choose and control the ingredients they put into their breads, even being able to make gluten-free varieties. Even those who are not that health conscious really enjoy the aroma of freshly baked bread in their homes, whether it is for daily consumption by their family or for sharing during parties and entertaining events.
Bread Machines – Top 8 in 2023
Bread machines have become one of the must-have appliances in any modern kitchen, whether it is for daily baking or occasional indulgence in a white fluffy bread or some fancy seed-filled variety. We have researched the most popular units available so you can be informed and pick the best breadmakers 2023 to make your favorite kinds of bread and treat those you love. You can’t go wrong with one of the options below!
1. Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus – Expert’s Choice
Whether you are a beginner or an expert bread maker, the Zojirushi Home Bakery Virtuoso Breadmaker makes it easy for you. It features double kneading blades to ensure a higher rise, dual heaters on the bottom and lid to provide uniform baking and browning, a user-friendly LCD control panel where you can use the rapid setting under daily basis, or to adjust knead, rise and bake on special occasions; it enables saving one´s particular courses on the memory settings.
It offers the best type of bread right when it´s needed: its timer can delay the baking cycle up to 13 hours, it includes course settings ranging from whole wheat and multigrain to diet-specific such as vegan and gluten-free. With a length of 39 inches, it even bakes a 2-pound rectangular loaf of bread. It can bake more than bread loaves as Cake and Versatile Dough courses are included together with a recipe book that ranges from Meatloaf Miracle to Homemade Bread and Pasta.
The handles at the bottom of the breadmaker help to transport and store it safely while the nonstick kneading blades and baking pan allow easy cleaning and minimal waste. It comes with all necessary accessories (a liquid measuring cup, a measuring spoon, and nested measuring cups) to get started.
- Capacity: 2-lb. loaf of bread
- Kneading Blades: 2
- Clock: 12-hour
- Bread Maker Parts: easily replaceable, easier maintenance and repairs
- Course Selection: Numeric key code
- Double Heaters: Bottom and lid
- Viewing Window: Yes
- Number of Courses: 15
- European Course: Yes
- Special Diet Courses: Gluten Free, Salt Free, Sugar Free and Vegan
- Homemade Course: 3 memories
- Product Dimensions: 10.5 x 18 x 12.9 inches
- Item Weight: 24 pounds
- Dual Heaters
- Double Kneading Blades
- Large viewing window
- LCD display
- Whole Wheat and Multigrain Courses
- Special Courses for Special Diets
- Go beyond bread
- Homemade course
- A few people reported issues with the paddles, but can be easily replaced
This bread maker is smart. It offers you more than 45 recipes adaptable to any type of diet and taste ranging from white and whole wheat bread to gluten and yeast free, besides it has a recipe chart to create and save your nine own favorite recipes. Hassle-free, it has an automated interface that calculates baking time and temperature, it allows you to customize your loaf size from 1 to up to 2-1/2 pound, your crust color, and to determine when you want your loaf to be ready.
After pressing Turn and Confirm, it will take care of the rest by itself: its kneading paddle not only mixes ingredients thoroughly but it folds in before the baking starts to bring the hole at the base of the baked loaf to a minimum. If one customizes a loaf including fruits or nuts in the Manual settings, these will be automatically dispensed and incorporated to the dough at the right time. The progress of manual and automatic programs from dough to the freshly baked loaf of bread can be easily followed on the smart LCD display. Even a power cut would not stop your bread from rising, as it includes an hour of backup power.
Features: Breville BBM800XL Custom Loaf
- Product Dimensions: 9.8 x 15.7 x 13.9 inches
- Item Weight: 16.85 pounds
- Item model number: BBM800XL
- Voltage: 110–120 Volts
- Power: 830 Watts
- Many loaf sizes, including family size (2.5 lbs)
- Manual and automatic programs with LCD Display
- Collapsible kneading blade
- Automatic fruit and nut dispenser
- Power interruption protection
- A little bit bigger in size than other models
Sleek design and great performance. This Breadman Bread Baker features a Rapid Bake setting with cycles including full whole wheat which enables it to bake a 2-lb bread loaf in just over an hour. Not being enough to offer baking large loaf sizes at speed, it also allows for small 1-lb and medium 1.5-lb while including an up to 15-hour delay timer so you can get your freshly baked bread any time you want. Even if you fancy a specialized type of bread with nuts or fruits included, its patented automatic dispenser will give you a signal, so you know when to add them without waiting around.
Going beyond the basic bread, its 10 baking functions make it easy to bake jams and doughs for pasta and pizza; one can even get low-carb and gluten-free options! Besides, there are three crust color choices (light, medium and dark) to adapt to your favorite recipes. Its convection technology enables uniform cooking and supreme results.
Built-in Stainless Steel, it features user-friendly controls and a LCD display, a paddle attached to the electrical cord that can be detached for safety with selected bread types, and a nonstick horizontal loaf pan that avoids waste and makes it easy to clean.
Features: Breadman TR875 Bread Baker
- Product dimensions: 18 x 15 x 11 inches
- Item Weight: 6 lbs
- Loaf sizes: 1, 1.5 and 2 lbs
- Baking functions: 16
- Manufacturer: Black & Decker
- Item model number: TR875
- Warranty: 2-year limited
- Easy-to-use controls
- Ten baking functions, including Rapid Bake
- Power failure protection system
- Measuring cup and spoon included
- Recipes included in Use & Care manual
- Sleek design with LCD display
- Handwash only
This supreme bread maker has it all: professional performance, safety and great variety. No waiting while watching: clad in metal and without a viewing window, it enables an equal reflection of heat which brings forth excellent crust, optimal rising, and even color. If in doubt, it comes with a light indicator to show when the baking or dough cycle is done. Furthermore, the machine ensures optimal temperature control due to a highly sensitive microprocessor program.
Beyond the usual features (13-hour delay start timer, three loaf sizes from small to large and three crust colors from light to brown), the Panasonic Automatic Bread Maker includes a soft-touch LCD control panel and a unique YeastPro automatic dispenser that adds the yeast at the optimum time. It offers six types of dough or bread options including Basic, Whole Wheat, Multi-Grain, French, Pizza and Cake; and four baking modes: Bake Only (yeast free), Rapid Bake, Raisin and Nuts, and Sandwich (soft crust bread). It includes a recipe book with more than 50 original recipes
For ultimate safety and convenience, it includes a nonstick inner bake pan with a wire handle for easy removal, a top-loading locking lid, and it comes in a compact design. Awarded the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval.
Features: Panasonic SD-YD250 Automatic Bread Maker
- Included: measuring spoon, measuring cup, kneading blade, and recipe booklet
- Bake mode: Bake, Rapid Bake, Raisin, and Sandwich
- Dough Mode: Pizza, Rolls or Raisin Dough
- Bread Options: Basic, Whole Wheat, Multi-Grain, French, Pizza, Cake
- Product dimensions: 14 x 5.7 x 7.9 inches
- Product weight: 15.4 lbs
- Warranty: 1 year limited
- Loaf sizes: 3 choices, up to 2 lbs
- Automatic yeast dispenser: Yes
- Timer: 13-Hour Preset
- Power supply: 120 AC; 60Hz
- Wattage: 550 W
- Easily Bake Bread or Create Dough
- Customizable Settings
- Ultimate design with a YeastPro automatic yeast dispenser
- Soft-touch, push-button control panel with LCD digital display; 13-hour digital timer
- Removable inner bake pan or bread machine pan with wire handle and nonstick coating
- Indicator lights
- Baking or dough operation completed
- May not be the longest lasting model on the market, but great while it lasts.
Home bread is not only tastier but healthier, and this Albohes Bread Maker goes well with any kitchen decor. Its attractive sleek Stainless Steel design which includes a tempered glass cover and a built-in LCD control panel, clearly shows the part of the baking process and the time remaining for your own loaf of bread to come out.
Beyond looks, it is easy to handle and delivers great performance. It features a whopping 17 bake and dough programs, including quick bread, whole grain, yogurt, jam, sweet bread, wheat flour and even French and sourdough breads. It can be used for try making bread machine rye bread, bread flour and whole wheat flour. Besides, it offers three bread sizes (1.1, 1.7 and 2.2 lb) and three bread crust colors (light, medium and dark) so you can choose your ideal bread every day. It ensures to keep the bread fresh every time at any time thanks to its all-round setting schedule function which includes an up to 24-hours timer, an hour of warm-keeping, and a 15-minute power interruption recovery function.
If you are keen on adding seeds, nuts and fruits but can´t afford the time to mix them around, there is the automatic nut dispenser which adds the extra ingredients at the right time by itself.
Features: ALBOHES MBF019 Bread Maker
- Bread crust colors: light color, medium, and dark color.
- Bread sizes: 500g / 750g / 1000g.
- Voltage: 120V, 60Hz
- Rating power: 710W
- Capacity: 2.2 lbs
- Package Contents: 1 x Bread Maker, 1 x Measuring Spoon, 1 x Measuring Cup, 1 x Bread Barrel
- Warranty: 3 years
- Product Dimensions: 12.2 x 8.5 x 13.6 inches
- Item Weight: 14.04 pounds
- Compact stainless steel design
- Schedule timing setting
- Various bread sizes and crust colors
- Built-in LCD screen and viewing window
- 17 present menu options
- Detachable fruit dispenser and automatic nut dispenser
- The instruction manual is not always clear for some people.
The Oster Expressbake Bread Maker allows you to bake every day with passion and no hassle. Highly versatile, its 13 settings enable you to bake from basic white rolls to artisan-style and gluten-free creations with ease. With the combined use of its timer with up to 13-hour delay, and the Express Bake setting that bakes bread under an hour, this machine allows you to enjoy fresh cinnamon rolls for breakfast and buttery rolls for dinner. It can be used for try making bread machine potato bread. As well as bread, one can make dough, cake and jam in three types of crust (light, medium and dark) so all of them come exactly in the way you prefer them.
Its compact and convenient design could be deceiving as this bread maker has capacity for an up to 2-lb loaf, a 650 W electric power and an Express Bake cycle that delivers your bread loaf within an hour. It also displays an LCD control panel that facilitates the navigation of settings. It´s size and capacity make it ideal for small and large families alike.
The bread maker comes with a nonstick baking pan which is easy to clean (hand wash recommended), kneading blades, measuring tools and some great recipes.
- Loaf capacity: 2 lbs
- Bread settings: 13, including gluten-free setting
- Programmable delay: 13 hours
- Product dimensions: 13.5 x 12.1 x 13.2 inches
- Product weight: 8 pounds
- Warranty: 1 year
- ExpressBake cycle that bakes delicious loaves in as little as one hour
- Large LCD display allows for easy navigation
- Any-Time Baking: For baking a variety of breads, as well as for making dough, jam, and cake with three different crust
- Easy To Clean: The non-stick baking pan cleans easily. Handwash recommended.
- Expressbake cycle
- Warm setting keeps loaf warm
- Good for gluten free breads, though a few people reported issues with this feature.
Powerful, neat and clean bread makers with revolutionary built-in heating element that delivers the perfect crust every time. The KBS features a powerful 710W High Torque Copper Motor which offers outstanding strength and enables more uniform kneading as well as a longer and more efficient motor life. It also comes with a patented nonstick ceramic pan designed to bake the bread more evenly, and to make the entire process healthier as ceramic is chemical-free, 100% food-grade material. It is also dishwasher safe.
Stylish design with great capacity, its non-fingerprint treatment stainless steel walls and tempered glass cover blend well with any kitchen decoration, and it can bake from 1 to 2.2-lb. With 17 customized automatic programs, and thanks to its 15-hour delay timer, 60-minute automatic keep warm and a 15-minute power interruption recovery features, you can get freshly baked bread or jam, or cooled down cake ready to be decorated right at the time you want it. It can be used for try making bread machine peanut butter bread. It also presents an intelligent fruit and nut dispenser that adds the ingredients automatically, and an intuitive digital touch panel control.
After contacting our Customer Service, you will receive A Master Baker´s 300 recipes on your email within 24 hours.
Features: KBS Stainless Steel Bread Machine
- Product dimensions: 13.7”L x 8.6”W x 11.8”H
- Product weight: 14.7 pounds
- Color: Bright Silver
- Crust colors: 3
- Loaf sizes: 3
- Menus options: 17
- Programmable delay: 15 hours
- Included in the package: Bread Machine molasses bread, Non-stick Ceramic Pan, Fruit Nut Dispenser, User Manual with Recipe Booklet, Metal Hook, Kneading Blade, Measuring Cup, Measuring Spoon
- Sleek stainless-steel design for healthy freshly baked bread at home
- Intelligent and removable fruit and nut dispenser
- Patented Non-stick Ceramic Pan: Healthier and dishwasher-safe
- Intuitive Digital Touch Panel Control
- 15-hour timer and 1-hour automatic warm-keeping function
- Touch Panel Digital Display
- The instruction booklet and recipes in it are not great.
An innovative vertical bread maker, its compact design makes it ideal for limited counter space while allowing for high capacity (up to 2-lb loaf), easy use and great variety. With 12 menu programs including artisan bread, pizza, cakes, jams and healthy gluten-free options, its user-friendly recipes and three crust colors (light, medium and brown), you could bake from any staple bread to sophisticated craving with ease at any time.
It features an up to 13-hour delay timer so you can get the ingredients together when you can and enjoy your baked creations when you want. If you prefer to savor the process from mix, knead, rise and bake, then its lid with viewing window and interior light is for you. For those who a quick glimpse just to keep a check, the LCD control panel displays the current cycle, countdown time and selected options in a clear and straight forward way. For further convenience, it includes beeping alarms to indicate when to add extra ingredients such as fruits and nuts, and when to remove the kneading paddle.
After baking is done, your bread can stay warm for up to an hour. The nonstick bread pan makes it easy to lift your baking and to keep your unit clean with minimal effort.
- Crust types: 3
- Loaf sizes: 3, up to 2 lbs
- Pre-programmed menu options: 12
- Programmable delay: 13 hours
- Viewing window: Yes
- Removable kneading paddle and bread pan: Yes
- LED display: Yes, easy to read
- Warranty: 3 years limited
- Keep it healthy and use whole grains, nutrient rich nuts and dried fruit.
- Easily Follow the Process from Mix, to Knead, to Rise, to Done
- Lid with viewing window to monitor the process.
- Interior light to check bread as it bakes.
- LCD display offers clear view of countdown time, current cycle, and selected options.
- 12 pre-programmed menu options for a variety of breads.
- Compact Footprint, Full Size Results
- Counter-friendly and compact design with a full-size vertical baking cavity.
- Vertical bread pan bakes up to 2-lb. loaves.
- Nonstick baking pan is removable for easy cleanup.
- The gluten free cycle may not be too great, but it does the job.
For those of you who like to do your own research, our experts have written a comprehensive Bread Machines Buying Guide. This can help you review a lot of useful information, and select the best Bread Machine to meet your needs. Also check out our experts top picks on Best Recliners You NEED To Own In 2023 to ensure you get the best one.