Having clean air in your home has never been more important than during this time when all family members are staying at home. Air purifiers are a great way to do this as they help keep the family safe, removing allergens, dust and more from the air everyone is breathing.
Air Purifiers – Top 6 in 2023
Our team of experts has researched the air purifiers currently available on the market and has picked the top choices so you can shop with confidence and know that you are getting the best product to meet your needs and preferences. You will be able to review very useful information about the top models, key features, pros/cons, and you will surely find what will work best for you!
1. AIRMEGA 400 – Expert’s Choice
Cleaner air begins with the Coway Airmega 400. This air purifier is designed to ensure your indoor air is cleaner, with fewer harmful particulates and unpleasant odours. With its Smart Mode feature, this purifier automatically adapts to its surroundings by adjusting fan speeds based on the room’s air quality. With five settings to choose from, the noise level is nearly silent at lower speeds and only reaches 43.2 dB at the highest setting. This product can accommodate room sizes up to 1,560 square feet and can clean the air, twice, in one hour.
The powerful dual suction draws contaminated air from both sides and pushes filtered air out the top of the unit for cleaner air. The Max2 filter captures and reduces up to 99.97 percent of particles in the air, including pollen, and other allergens. It also reduces more than 99 percent of volatile organic compounds and reduces fumes like ammonia. The pre-filter captures large particles like hair, fur and dust in it’s micromesh, so Max2 filters can work more effectively. This unit comes equipped with a timer for 1, 2, 4 and 8 hours, with a filter lifetime indicator for both washable pre-filter and Max2 filter.
Features: AIRMEGA 400
- Coverage: 1560 sq. ft.
- Auto Mode: Yes
- Eco Mode: Yes
- Sleep Mode: Automatic
- Filters: Washable Pre-Filter+Max2 Filter Set (Activated Carbon + Green True HEPA)
- Pollution Indicator: Yes (4 Levels)
- Filter Life Time Indicator: Yes
- Fan Speed: Sleep, Low, Medium, High
- Timer & Scheduler: Timer 1, 4, 8 Hr
- Product Dimensions: 14.8 x 22.9 x 14.8 inches
- Item Weight: 24.7 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 31.6 pounds
- Manufacturer: COWAY
- ASIN: B01C9RIACG
- Item model number: AP-2015F
Pros: AIRMEGA 400
- Air quality monitoring
- Smart technology
- Powerful dual suction
- Max2 filter
- Filter indicator
- Balance between technology and design
Cons: AIRMEGA 400
- Customer support is hard to reach
Larger areas are no challenge for the Alen Customizable Air Purifier. This unit can clean up to 1100 square feet every 30 minutes, making it three times faster than our competitors. It was designed to clean air in large spaces like living rooms, basements, and open concept areas. It is highly recommended for dust, allergens, pollen, fur, pet dander, and household odors. The True HEPA filter captures 99.97% of airborne irritants that cause seasonal allergies and asthma, emitting clean and fresh air in return. Equipped with an air quality sensor light system, the sensor will adjust the speed of the fan to clean the air more effectively when a higher number of particles are present.
Advanced WhisperMax technology creates a soothing environment while producing a pink noise that promotes better sleep. The four fan speed settings make for optimized air purification. Designed by NASA airflow engineers and built with high precision, this air purifier has a long service life with a lifetime warranty and is CARB Certified. The BreatheSmart Classic is your go-to air purifier for larger rooms and is proven to help with allergies and asthma while eliminating dust, mould, harsh odors, and fumes.
Features: Alen Customizable Air Purifier
- Coverage Area: 1,100 Square Feet
- Filters available to Target Specific Concerns: 4
- Ionizer Feature: Yes
- Designer Color Panels: Yes
- Patented Smart Sensor & Air Quality Indicator: Yes
- Power Consumption on Highest Settings: 105 Watts
- Filter Life (Running 24/7): 9-12 Months
- Best Air Purifier for Your Home Space: Master Bedrooms, Open Concept Floorplans, Big Bedrooms, Game Rooms, In-Law Suites, Living Rooms, Open Office Spaces, Finished Garages, Basements, Workshops
- Product Dimensions: 10 x 17.8 x 26.8 inches
- Item Weight: 21 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 31.3 pounds
- Manufacturer: Alen
- Item model number: BreatheSmart-Pure
- Big rooms? No big deal
- Dust and allergy filter
- Air quality sensor light
- Quality assurance
- Air Filtration System for Your Home
- Some people reported that the fan could be loud, but most said that it works fine for them and gets a good job done.
You can finally have the power to keep your family safe and healthy all year round with the Aprilaire 2410 Whole-House Media Air Cleaner. This unit delivers the most efficient, cost-effective air cleaning for your home. This unit traps 98% of visible airborne dust and other large particles and captures at least 97% of airborne pollen-sized particles. Removing things like mold spores, pollen, pet dander, dust mites and even viruses, cleaner air has never been more obtainable. Providing more than 30 times the filtering media used in standard 1-inch furnace filters, this air purifier serves as the best choice for allergy sufferers.
Depending on your furnace type, there are many models to choose from. All models provide the same superior performance and come with a five-year limited warranty. This air purifier does not include any moving parts, so it does not produce ozone and is virtually maintenance-free. Your local heating and cooling contractor can help you determine the right model for your home as it can easily be installed. The only maintenance required is the infrequent replacement of the filtering media every 2 years.
Features: Aprilaire 2410
- Item Weight: 17 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 28.2 x 17.8 x 6.8 inches
- Batteries Required: No
Pros: Aprilaire 2410
- Best choice for allergy sufferers
- Efficient, cost-effective air cleaning
- Easy to install
Cons: Aprilaire 2410
- There are various models available, so make sure to choose the right one for you.
The Honeywell F100F2010 maintains superior performance in air cleaning. This unit is up to 85% more efficient at capturing both microscopic particles, like dust and smoke, in addition to, larger contaminants such as mold spores and pet dander. It also captures a significant amount of the airborne particles in the air, which is circulated through the unit. This highly effective air cleaner also requires minimal maintenance as you only need to replace it every 6-12 months. That’s four times longer than a standard one-inch furnace filter you may see in a typical household.
This air purifier does not require any electrical connections, rather, this unit is applicable to all gas, oil and electric forced air furnaces and to a compressor cooling up to 5 tons. The rugged zinc-coated, roll-formed cabinet resists corrosion and can support the weight of residential furnaces and evaporator coil. Weighing in at only two pounds, you may simply mount the air purifier into the return air duct in your home and switch on so you may enjoy cleaner air. You can order from one of our authorized online dealers: Air Mechanical or Air Quality Honeywell Stores.
Features: Honeywell F100F2010
- Brand Name: Honeywell
- Color: Gray
- Product dimensions: 18 x 6 x 26 inches
- Product weight: 2 pounds
- Included Components: Filter
- Number of Items: 1
- High efficiency media filter captures particles as small as 0.3 microns
- Item model number: F100F2010
Pros: Honeywell F100F2010
- High efficiency media filter captures particles as small as 0.3 microns
- Applicable to all gas, oil and electric forced air furnaces and to compressor cooling up to 5 tons
- Mounts in the return air Duct
- Rugged zinc-coated, roll-formed cabinet resists corrosion and can support weight of residential furnace and evaporator coil
- Requires no electrical connections
Cons: Honeywell F100F2010
- This product is great, and users have rated it 4 or 5 stars so there isn’t much not to love about it.
Obtaining a pollutant removal system that’s energy-efficient, all while minimizing noise, is now possible with The Alexapure Breeze 3049. Its 4-stage purification process removes up to 99.97% of airborne contaminants with three filtration stages that aid in removing particles as small as 0.3 microns from the air. It uses IonCluster technology, as its fourth stage of purification, which removes particles throughout your room. Unlike other ion technologies, the Breeze’s byproduct is water, not ozone. This helps eliminate allergens, dust, dander, dirt, bacteria, viruses and odors. By using True HEPA air filtration, your air will be 33x cleaner than similar air purifiers, while using lesser “HEPA-like” filters.
For a quieter experience, simply switch on Night Mode for a peaceful, and undisturbed sleep. Noises reach a maximum of only 16Db on silent mode, which is quieter than an average whisper. With five levels of noise control settings, you receive cleaner air without disturbing noises. Although this unit is no larger than a briefcase, this product can purify up to 800 square feet of your home. Covering 120 square feet every 12 minutes at a maximum power usage of 0.5KWH makes for a mighty, yet energy-efficient, unit.
Features: Alexapure 3049
- System includes: One Purification Unit with IonCluster technology, one pre-filter, One True HEPA Filter, One Carbon Activated Filter
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 13.5 x 21.5 inches
- Item Weight: 12.2 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 15 pounds
- Manufacturer: Alexapure
- Item model number: 3049
Pros: Alexapure 3049
- 4-stage purification process for superior air quality
- Patented IonCluster technology removes airborne particles throughout room, with a final byproduct of water, not ozone
- Intelligent Auto Mode adjusts to a room’s changing air quality.
- Easy to Clean and Maintain
- Silent mode at 16dB – quieter than a whisper (30dB)
- Energy Efficient: in testing, Breeze had a maximum power usage of 0.5KWH
- Space-saving design – about the size of a large briefcase
- Perfect for rooms up to 800 square feet
Cons: Alexapure 3049
- Make sure to clean the filter frequently for proper functioning of the unit
Say goodbye to nasal stuffiness and wake to a home that smells fresher and cleaner with the Oransi Max OVHM80 Air Purifier. Ideal as a bedroom, basement or large room air purifier, the three stages of air filtration help for people with asthma, and to fight against mold spores, dust, pets and allergens. The activated carbon filter aids in trapping gases, odors and smoke. Equipped with an air quality monitor, it keeps track of the air quality in your room and will automatically adjust the fan speed if operated in auto mode. The durable pre-filter traps the larger dust particles and can be cleaned by lightly vacuuming. The high-performance v-HEPA filter traps up to 98% of particles and the seal around the filter ensures that none of the air can bypass the filter
Setup is so simple, that tools are not required and is low cost to operate. This unit is three times quieter compared to competitive air purifiers. Producing noise levels up to 34dB, this allows you to sleep comfortably while purifying up to 600 square feet. Backed by a 10-year warranty, you can have peace of mind for your investment.
Features: Oransi Max OVHM80 Air Purifier
- Air Quality Monitor
- Filter Replacement Indicators
- Certified Safe
- Product Dimensions: 20 x 11 x 25.5 inches
- Item Weight: 19 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 21.2 pounds
- Manufacturer: Oransi
- ASIN: B004ZL8URK
- Item model number: OVHM80
- Remember to keep the filter clean to avoid problems with it.
- Clean, fresh and light air with removal of: Dust, Pollen, Mold, Pet Dander, and Allergens.
- Won’t bother your sleep with its’ light white noise.
- Peace of mind with a 10-year warranty for your investment.
- You get long term reliability & service with a purifier that really cleans the air.
- Versatile – effective in bedroom & living areas and easy to move room to room.
- Changing the filter doesn’t require a manual or tools.
For those of you who like to do your own research, our experts have written a comprehensive Air Purifiers Buying Guide. This can help you review a lot of useful information, and select the best Air Purifiers to meet your needs.