Vacuums have been popular for decades since most homes need one, whether they have carpet, tile, hardwood floors, or any other type of flooring. Also, they are very convenient when there are pets or children in a home and floor cleaning is required maybe more than once a day. During recent year, vacuum manufacturers have released lighter and more compact models that are very easy to use on different floors, at different angles, and in areas that may be before were hard to reach. They also made waste emptying and cleaning the unit much easier by introducing new features into their designs.
When it comes to finding the [best vacuum cleaners], there are many different options to choose from. According to [consumer reports best vacuum], one of the top options on the market is the Eufy H30 vacuum. This powerful vacuum is designed to clean carpets and hard floors with ease, and it comes with a number of helpful features, including a long battery life and a powerful motor. Another great option from Eufy is the HomeVac H11 handheld vacuum, which is perfect for quick cleanups around the house. This compact vacuum is lightweight and easy to use, making it a great choice for anyone who wants a simple, efficient cleaning solution. Whether you are looking for a powerful upright vacuum or a compact handheld vacuum, Eufy has a solution that will meet your needs and provide you with the best possible cleaning experience.
Stick Vacuum Cleaners – Top 13 in 2023
Most people own a vacuum cleaner in their home, whether it is part of a central unit, a cordless one or handheld. Below we have reviewed the most popular units currently on the market so you can see the key features offered by each of them, as well as their main pros and cons. This will save you from reading many manufacturer’s manuals and user reviews, since we have done that and summarized the information below. Happy vacuum cleaner shopping!
1. Dyson Cyclone V10 – Expert’s Choice
The Dyson Cyclone V10 has big machine suction power, but with cord-free versatility. It is equipped with a soft roller cleaner head, removing fine dust and large debris from hard floors to carpets. With three power modes to choose from, this vacuum suits any task on any floor type. One of the standout features of the Dyson Cyclone V10 is its exceptional durability, making it one of the longest lasting vacuum cleaners on the market.
This vacuum is cord-free and quickly transforms to a handheld for quick clean ups, spot cleaning, and cleaning hard to reach places, all in one click. This unit has a 40% bigger bin than the previous Dyson V8 Absolute Vacuum for the big cleans, and the torque drive cleaner head removes 25% more dust from carpets, making it our most powerful cleaner head yet.
With a whole-system filtration, this system traps 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns, expelling cleaner air. This vacuum drops into the wall-mounted dock to recharge. At least 3.5 hours of charging time are required before use. With up to 60 minutes of run time when using a non-motorized tool, and up to 40 minutes of power with the soft roller cleaner head, cleaning is very efficient.
This is a great unit to use anywhere in the home, so it is a safe choice to be made.
Features: Dyson Cyclone V10
- Product Dimensions: 9.8 x 10.1 x 49.2 inches
- Item Weight: 5.88 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 14.5 pounds
- Run Time: Up to 60 minutes’ run time when using a non-motorized tool
- Motor Technology: V10 digital motor
- Cleaner Head: Direct-drive cleaner head
- Tools Included: Combination tool, crevice tool
- Bin Size: 54 Liters
- Manufacturer: Dyson
- Item model number: 180846-01
- Batteries: 1 lithium polymer batteries required
Pros: Dyson Cyclone V10
- Removes dirt from carpets and gentle on hardwood floors
- Up to 60 minutes of cordless run time
- Transforms to handheld
- Three power modes
Cons: Dyson Cyclone V10
- Some people reported poor cordless battery life, while others were happy with it.
Deep cleaning your hardwood floors and carpets have never been easier with the Tineco A10 Hero. This lightweight and cordless vacuum is designed to easily maneuver throughout every room, and easily converts to a handheld vacuum with versatile attachments to reach corners, stairs, and crevices.
With a long-lasting and detachable battery, this vacuum provides up to 25 minutes of runtime in regular mode, and 10 minutes in max mode. The 350W motor provides powerful suction for deep, thorough, multi-surface cleaning, while maintaining an ultra-quiet operation so you may clean peacefully with less disturbance to family and pets. With a brushless motor, noise is reduced to 70dB(A). This lightweight and versatile vacuum has the capabilities to convert to a Handvac to clean furniture, stairs, car interiors, and more.
The Tineco A10 Hero is equipped with a One-Touch Empty Dustbin feature, so complicated removal of bins or filters is no longer necessary. The 4-Stage Fully Sealed HEPA Filtration system captures dust and particles to 0.3 microns, and expels fresh, clean air with fewer allergens. Once done, you may neatly store this unit and accessories in the convenient storage dock which mounts, mess-free, to your wall.
Features: Tineco A10 Hero
- Three models available: Hero, Hero+ and Master
- Colors available: Space blue, metallic grey, vibrant orange
- Suction power: 110 W
- Runtime: up to 25 mins
- Extra battery: No
- Storage and charging: Single charging powerhouse
- Dustbin capacity: 0.4L
- Full-size LED multi-tasker power brush: Yes
- Mini power brush, 2-in-1 dusting brush, Crevice tool, Hair cleaning tool: Yes
- Pre filter cleaning tool & extra pre filter: Yes
- Product dimensions: 12.5 x 8.3 x 43.3 inches
- Item weight: 5.03 pounds
Pros: Tineco A10 Hero
- Powerful suction
- Deep cleans hardwood and carpet
- Convenient detachable battery
- Ultra-quiet operation
- Lightweight and versatile, Converts to Handvac
- Compact storage and charging Dock
- One-touch empty dustbin
Cons: Tineco A10 Hero
- Some users have complained about the battery life, but most people report loving this vacuum
The Eureka NEC222 HyperClean vacuum provides powerful suction with a 220W powered motor, generating the suction power to meet all of your cleaning needs, from car detailing to deep carpet cleaning. The powerful nozzle deep cleans all types of floors, where you may easily switch between carpet and hard floor with the touch of a button. With the detachable handheld and additional tools, cleaning tasks including furniture, upholstery, moldings, and car cleanings are made possible. The included 2-1 upholstery tool, crevice tool, and extended wand can meet all your cleaning needs from high ceilings to hard to reach places.
With a detachable battery, you may enjoy up to 30 minutes of fade-free runtime in normal suction mode and easily switch to MAX power with the press of a button. The cordless design makes the HyperClean easy to use and perfect for daily cleaning. Once done, either twist the dust cap off and empty, or press the release button to empty the debris. This vacuum is equipped with an anti-allergen filter as it captures and traps up to 99% of fine dust and allergens down to 0.3 microns, keeping you free from allergen.
Features: Eureka NEC222 HyperClean
- Product dimensions: 8.5 x 9.5 x 43.5 inches
- Item weight: 6.5 pounds
- Battery: detachable
- Warranty: 2-year limited
- Powerful suction
- Multipurpose vacuum cleaner – all-floor cleaning
- Mess-free dust emptying
- Washable and anti-allergen filter
- Versatile accessories
- Detachable battery
- 30-minute lasting time
- A few people reported having to charge it frequently, but otherwise it works well
The Shark IONFlex 2X DuoClean IF251 is a freestanding and cord-free vacuum equipped with new MultiFLEX technology. You are able to place your vacuum anywhere in the house, even while a battery charges elsewhere. This unit allows for the wand to easily access hard-to-reach areas like under furniture with its flexible hose in reach mode. While in upright mode, the DuoClean combines the deep-cleaning bristle brush with an added soft brushroll, so you can transition from carpets to floors with ease throughout your house. For the messes that go beyond the floor, this vacuum transforms into a handheld vacuum for easy, lightweight cleaning.
With two rechargeable ION power packs, you can charge while you clean, so you are able to vacuum up to 80 minutes of runtime while in ION power mode. The DuoClean floor-and-carpet performance allows you to clean for up to 40 minutes of cordless runtime in ION Power mode. Once you are done cleaning, your filter can be tapped clean to remove any excess dust and other particles into the trash.
Features: Shark IONFlex 2X DuoClean IF251
- Colors: blue and green
- Runtime and power: 2 Removable Lithium Ion Batteries
- DuoClean Technology: Yes
- MultiFlex Technology: Yes
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal: Yes
- Converts to a hand vacuum: Yes
- Dust Cup Capacity (Quarts): 0.3
- Product Weight (Pounds): 3.8
- Wattage: 300
- Product Dimensions: 13.4 x 10.4 x 45.9 inches
- Item model number: IF251
- Always charging
- Freestanding Cord-Free
- Removable, Rechargeable Batteries
- Upright mode, reach mode and above-floor cleaning
- Long runtime
- Some people reported issues with clogging, so may sure to clean/empty it frequently
The Bissell AirRam 1984 is a cordless powerhouse, weighing in at just under 8 pounds. It’s maximized versatility, including the Bissell Air Ram 2144 model, allows for cleaning on hardwood, carpets and easily removes pet hair and other messes your pet may get into. This unit comes equipped with LED lights to illuminate hard floors in order to assist in seeing fine dirt and debris for effective cleaning. It’s agile design easily maneuvers under and around furniture with ease.
After a minimum charge of 4 hours, the powerful suction is made possible due to a removable 22V lithium ion battery, which provides up to 40 minutes of powerful, fade-free suction. This unit features a removable dirt bin with a built-in, easy empty slider that pushes out dirt, hair and debris for a mess-free disposal. The collapsible handle is made for easy storage once you are done cleaning.
Features: Bissell AirRam 1984
- Color: Green
- Battery type: Professional grade lithium ion
- Battery voltage: 22 volts
- Run time: up to 30 minutes
- Tan capacity: 0.6 L
- LED lights: Yes
- Special features: Removable dirt bin with easy empty debris slider
- Product dimensions: 11.8 x 9.9 x 44 inches
- Product weight: 7.75 pounds
Pros: Bissell AirRam 1984
- Lightweight and compact
- Versatile cordless freedom
- Mess-free, easy emptying
- Easy Charging and Easy Storage
- Powerful suction
- Cleans carpets, area rugs and hardwood floors
- Hard to reach places
Cons: Bissell AirRam 1984
- A few users reported that the unit wouldn’t start after a while, but it seems to be a small issue that the warranty and manufacturer have helped with
The Shark ION P50 IC162 is Shark’s first-ever cordless powered lift-away vacuum, with powerful suction for dirt, debris, pet hair, and tough messes. Equipped with DuoClean Technology, cleaning fine dust and large debris on carpets and hard floors has never been easier. Simply, remove the canister and transform your upright vacuum with three versatile modes of cleaning for powerful hard-floor pickup and deep carpet cleaning. The stick vacuum mode is convenient for under-furniture reach, while the handheld vacuum mode is useful for cleaning hard-to-reach areas around the home and car.
For handheld use, remove the wand for an easily maneuverable vacuum for cars, tight spaces, and more. With 2x the dust cup capacity of the Shark ION F80, this unit can handle multiple rooms and floors in your home. You may also get up to 50 minutes of runtime, in ION Power Mode, on a single battery to take on large cleaning jobs with ease. This vacuum features an anti-allergen complete seal with a HEPA filter to capture and trap 99.99% of dust, dander, and allergens.
Features: Shark ION P50 IC162
- Product dimensions: 10.2 x 12.4 x 44.8 inches
- Runtime: Up to 50 minutes with the wand and handle in ION power mode
- Power: 1 removable, rechargeable ION power core battery
- DuoClean technology: Yes
- Powered lift-away technology: Yes
- Anti-allergen complete seal: Yes
- Converts to a hand vacuum: Yes
- Dust cup capability: 0.54 quarts
- Product weight: 12.03 lbs
- Item model number: IC162
- Batteries: 1 lithium ion batteries (included)
Pros: Shark ION P50 IC162
- Upright and stick
- 2 x dust cup capacity
- Anti-allergen complete seal
- Up to 50 minutes of cleaning
Cons: Shark ION P50 IC162
- Suction may not be strong enough for semi-shaggy rugs but works great on thinner carpets.
The Makita XLC02R1B, is a compact and powerful cordless vacuum with strong suction for fast and efficient cleaning. This lightweight vacuum weighs in at only 2.7 pounds, with a battery for reduced operator fatigue.
This Bagless unit is equipped with a 2-stage cloth filtration system which allows for easier cleaning and quicker debris disposal. This product offers an increased storage capacity for longer time between waste disposal. A redesigned floor nozzle has improved this unit’s maneuverability and debris collection for floors, carpets, and hard-to-reach spaces, but can also be used as a “hand-vac.”
The XLC02R1B is a kit and includes the fast-charging 18V compact Lithium-Ion battery and efficient Rapid optimum charger. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger. You can expect up to 15 minutes of continuous use from a single, fully charged battery.
Features: Makita XLC02R1B
- Item Weight: 2.7 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 8.2 x 23.2 x 5.8 inches
- Material: Plastic
- Voltage: 18 volts
- Wattage: 36 watts
- Included Components: 18V LXT Vacuum (XLC02ZB), 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Compact 2.0Ah Battery (BL1820B), 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Rapid Optimum Charger (DC18RC), Filter (451208-3), Cloth Vacuum Filter (443060-3), Crevice Nozzle (416041-0), Extension Attachment (451424-7), Floor nozzle (198526-5)
- Batteries: 1 lithium ion batteries (included)
- Warranty: 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Item model number: XLC02R1B
Pros: Makita XLC02R1B
- Lightweight and comfortable: only 2.7 lbs
- Bagless system for easy cleaning and debris disposal
- Up to 15 minutes of continuous use
- Improved maneuverability
Cons: Makita XLC02R1B
- A few users mentioned that the plastic casing cracked, but an authorized retailer can help fix it.
The Hoover Air BH50111 is a high capacity vacuum, with easy to empty features, and an easy clean dirt cup. The rinseable filter provides long-lasting convenience, and is as simple as removing the filter, and rinsing it off. This unit includes a 2-in-1 dusting tool that cleans crevices, vents and furniture surfaces with ease. With steerable technology, the Hoover Air maneuvers effortlessly around furniture, corners, and in tight spaces. Weighing in at 9.9 pounds, including the removable cleaning tools, this product is an effortless alternative to traditional, bulky, vacuum cleaners.
This air cordless vacuum contains all the technology you’d expect to find in a Hoover upright with multi-floor cleaning capabilities, making transitions from carpet to hard floors simple. The cyclonic technology ensures a consistent cleaning experience without loss of suction. The WindTunnel® 3 Technology creates three channels of suction to lift and remove surface debris and deeply embedded dirt. Equipped with lithium life battery technology, you get 25 minutes of fade-free battery power on carpet and hard floors. You can now clean without any unnecessary interruptions.
Features: Hoover Air BH50111
- Product dimensions: 10 x 11.5 x 44 inches
- Item weight: 9.9 pounds
- Item model number: BH50111
- Batteries: 1 lithium ion batteries (included)
- Warranty: 5 years
Pros: Hoover Air BH50111
- High capacity
- Easy empty and easy clean dirt cup
- Rinsable filter
- 2-in-1 dusting and crevice tool
- Steerable design
- Hard floor brushroll
Cons: Hoover Air BH50111
- Need to strong hands to remove the filter, but it is easy to clean
The Deik 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum offers a powerful suction, providing a deep and thorough clean. The highly-maneuverable stick and handheld vacuum cleaner are ideal for light-duty clean-ups around the home, garage or vehicle. With one press of the release button, the vacuum easily converts to a hand vacuum for above floor cleaning with a crevice tool and dusting brush.
The motorized cleaning head is equipped with 2 speed suction modes, which easily lifts and removes dust, debris, dirt and hair from carpets with an S line roller brush. The suction speed has been designed to be adjustable in order to save energy. This vacuum cleaner weighs in at just over 3 kg, making it’s lightweight and flexible design easy for cleaning around and under furniture. The new upholstery tool comes with soft rubber edges to help lift and remove pet hair and dust from sofas and other upholstery.
This vacuum has a quick rechargeable battery, requiring a minimum of four hours to fully charge, and lasts up to 30 minutes of fade-free cordless power. Once done, simply remove the detachable dust container, and empty the contents straight into the bin.
Features: Deik 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum
- Product dimensions: 12 x 26.4 x 10.3 inches
- Item weight: 6.72 pounds
- Shipping weight: 9.6 pounds
- Manufacturer: Deik
- Batteries: 1 lithium ion batteries (included)
- Bin capacity: 0.4 L
- Bagless design: Yes
- Cordless: Yes
- Separate charging dock: Yes
- Run time: 35 minutes
- Powerful suction: deep and thorough clean
- Adjustable suction speed to save energy
- Multi cleaning capabilities: strong suction cleaning for all surfaces
- No escape for dirt: powerful LED lights makes dirt impossible to hide
- Cordless: easy car cleaning
- Clean the dust holder with ease: detach and empty into a bin
- It takes 4.5 hours to charge, which can be long for some people.
10. Eufy HomeVac
The powerful suction of the Eufy HomeVac, cleans your house in as little as one-pass, saving you time and energy. With a 28.8V cyclonic filtration system, this vacuum maintains a powerful suction from beginning to end. This lightweight and cordless vacuum can clean where no corded vacuum has cleaned before. Its enlightened design allows it to glide through your cleaning regime and is able to maneuver around tight corners to tackle hard-to-reach messes. This HomeVac’s maneuverable swivel head, with built-in LED’s, pivots around table legs and slides under furniture with pure ease.
This vacuum provides cleaner floors, as well as, cleaner air with centrifugal forces that spin dust away from the motor, keeping it unclogged to ensure consistent, powerful suction. The HomeVac uses two filters and one high-performance filter to achieve a cleaner home. This energy efficient unit can clean for 22 minutes using high-power or 50 minutes in Eco Mode.
Despite its large capacity of holding 0.9L, the small nature of this vacuum allows for a swift clean and disposal. Once done, empty the dust holder directly into the trash can for a fuss-free disposal, keeping your hands clean.
Features: Eufy HomeVac
- Runtime: 22 minutes
- Product dimensions: 10.3 x 8.7 x 43 inches
- Item weight: 5.82 pounds
- Item model number: FBA_AK-848061065831
- Batteries: 1 lithium ion batteries
- Warranty: 15 months
Pros: Eufy HomeVac
- Cleans in one pass: strong suction
- Remarkable runtime: clean for longer on a single charge
- Fuss-free disposal: dust holder easily empties contents directly into trash can
- Cordless cleaning power: clean where no corded vacuum has cleaned before
- Enlightened design: glide through cleaning
- Turns on a dime: maneuvers around tight corners to tackle hard-to-reach messes
- Energy efficient
- Huge capacity, small size
Cons: Eufy HomeVac
- Beater bar collects hair and stops working, so need to clean it frequently.
Powered by a brushroll with WindTunnel Technology, the Hoover Linx BH50010 creates channels of suction to lift and remove surface debris and deep embedded dirt from hardwood floors to carpets. This unit comes equipped with edge cleaning bristles that removes dirt, dust, and pet hair against those hard to reach edges. The extreme recline handle reaches further without having to move any obstacles. Effortless multi-floor cleaning ensures an easy transition from any floor type you are cleaning. The lightweight, and low-profile design of this unit aids in a swift maneuver to clean efficiently.
This unit offers intuitive power controls that are conveniently positioned where they should be—right at your fingertips. There is now a battery fuel gauge so you are able to see how much battery life the Linx has left. With a fade-free, and interchangeable, lithium ion battery, this vacuum provides cordless freedom to clean anywhere. Once you have completed cleaning, simply release the dirt cup, located near the bottom of the device, to ensure a hassle-free clean up without getting your hands dirty.
Features: Hoover Linx BH50010
- Product dimensions: 10.6 x 8 x 25 inches
- Item weight: 10 pounds
- Item model number: BH50010
- Batteries: 1 Lithium ion batteries (included)
- Warranty: 2 years
Pros: Hoover Linx BH50010
- Intuitive power controls: conveniently positioned
- Battery fuel gauge: always know how much power is left
- Powered Brushroll with WindTunnel technology: Lift deep down dirt from carpet to hard floors
- Effortless multi-floor Cleaning: control the mess based on the type of floor you’re cleaning
- Lightweight, low profile design: clean effortlessly and get under and around furniture easily
- Bottom release dirt cup: get a hassle-free clean up without getting your hands dirty
Cons: Hoover Linx BH50010
- Some reviewers said that they had power issues, but local retailers could fix these for them.
Equipped with high-performance and cordless technology, the BISSELL Multi Cordless Hand Vac 1985 is engineered for versatile cleaning—even in the hardest-to-reach spots. This unit provides powerful and cordless cleaning right in the palm of your hand. For maximized versatility, it includes multiple specialized tools and attachments, including a built-in extension hose, motorized brush roll, extension wand, crevice tool, and soft-dusting brush.
This vacuum is powered by a removable and professional-grade, 22V lithium-ion battery. This easily removable battery provides flexible charging options, plus, the dusting brush and crevice tools are conveniently stored on the machine for quick access. This lightweight model is a comfortably designed hand vacuum that delivers total cleaning comfort with up to 15 minutes of fade-free suction. Once you’ve tackled that mess, its removable dirt bin, with an easy empty lid, makes for a quick and mess-free disposal.
Features: BISSELL Multi Cordless Hand Vac 1985
- Dirt cup capacity: 0.4 L
- Runtime: 15 minutes of fade-free power
- Product dimensions: 5.4 x 10 x 14.6 inches
- Item weight: 3.9 pounds
- Shipping weight: 7.35 pounds
- Item model number: 1985
- Batteries: 1 lithium ion battery (included)
- Easy empty dirt bin
- Versatile Cleaning: powerful, cordless cleaning
- Lightweight and ergonomic design
- Powerful, cordless suction
- Easy charging and storage
- Motorized brush roll: great for pet hair
- Not the strongest suction in the market, but it has very good performance for its price
Finally, a cordless vacuum that does it all. The BLACK+DECKER BDH2020FLFH Flex offers limitless versatility. You may choose between the four-foot extendable hose, the new stick vac attachment with a pivoting floor head, or the Pet Brush attachment. Having an optional stick vac attachment makes this vacuum superior in portable and multi-functional vacuuming. Each of these attachments and extensions helps get in to those hard-to-reach areas like under the table, in between car seats, stairs, and ceiling fans. The cyclonic action spins dirt away from the filter to help maintain performance, and the 3-Stage filtration system of BDH2020FL prevents dust and debris from escaping for clean air exhaust.
This unit is equipped with a charging station and base. The 20v MAX* Lithium Hand Vac has a quick charging base that keeps the unit charged and accessories organized. Simply place the Flex Vac in its stand to charge. The Lithium Ion batteries offer strong suction and fade-free power throughout their use. Users will now have confidence that they can complete tasks quickly, efficiently, and conveniently with this new collection of handheld vacuums. This Flex Vac features a removable, washable bowl and filter for thorough cleaning.
Features: BLACK+DECKER BDH2020FLFH Flex
- Washable bowl: 17 oz capacity
- Charge duration: 4 hours
- Included components: Stick Vac Floor Head, Pet Hair Brush, 2 in 1 Nozzle / Brush Tool, Long Crevice Tool, Charging Base, Washable Filter
- Power source: cordless
- Batteries: 1 Lithium ion battery (included)
- Suction power: 24 AW
- Product dimensions: 14.4 x 10.7 x 6.5 inches
- Item weight: 2.56 ounces
- Item model number: BDH2020FLFH
- Easy to use and easy to clean
- Cordless, portable and ultra-compact
- Pet Brush to Clean Carpets, Stairs and Other Upholstery
- New stick vac attachment with pivoting floor head
- A few people have commented on the suction power not being super great, but others are happy with the performance.
For those of you who like to do your own research, our experts have written a comprehensive Vacuums Buying Guide. This can help you review a lot of useful information, and select the best vacum cleaners to meet your needs. Also check out our experts top picks on Best Ellipticals in 2023 and Best Recliners You NEED To Own In 2023 to ensure you get the best one.